Region:  

Character Level: 1
EXP Points Gained: 0
EXP Needed For Next Level:

Known Languages: Common, Goblin, Dwarven, Elven, Draconic

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 14 (5 points)
Constitution: 14 (5 points)
Intelligence: 16 (5 points, +2 Racial Adjust)
Wisdom: 14 (5 points)
Charisma: 10

15 Point Build: Drop Con to 12 and Wis to 13.
25 point Build: Increase Int to 17 and CHA to 12.

Hit Points: 8 (d6+2 + lvl 2 + lvl 3)

Armour Class: 12 (base 10; Dex +2)
Flatfooted Armour Class: 10
Touch Armour Class: 12

Combat Maneuver Defense: +12 (10 + BaB(0) + Str(0) + Dex(2))

Special Armour Class Notes: N/A

Save vs. Fortitude: +2 (base +0; Con +2)
Save vs. Reflex: +2 (base +0; Dex +2)
Save vs. Will: +4 (base +2; Wis +2)

Special Save Notes: N/A

Initiative Modifier: +7 (+2 for Dex; +4 for familiar; +1 for trait)
Base Attack Bonus: +0
Melee Attack Bonus: +0
Ranged Attack Bonus: +2

Weapons :
Spear +0 MAB / +2 RAB / d8 Damage / x3 Critical / 20’ Range / Piercing / Brace

Dagger +0 MAB / +2 RAB / d4 Damage / 19-20/x2 Critical / 10’ Range / Piercing or Slashing

Club +0 MAB / +2 RAB / d6 Damage / x2 Critical / 10’ Range / Bludgeoning

Skills:
Total skill points earned: 7 (2 + Int(3) + Human(1) + Favored Class(1))
Acrobatics: = +2 (Dex 2)  
Appraise: = +3 (Int 3)  
Bluff: = +0 (Cha 0)  
Climb: = +0 (Str 0)  
Craft: = +3 (Int 3)  
Diplomacy: = +0 (Cha 0)  
Disguise: = +0 (Cha 0)  
Escape Artist: = +2 (Dex 2)  
Fly: = +2 (Dex 2)  
Heal: = +2 (Wis 2)  
Intimidate: = +0 (Cha 0)  
Knowledge (arcana): = +7 (Int 3) 1 Ranks +3 [Class Skill]
Knowledge (nature): = +7 (Int 3) 1 Ranks +3 [Class Skill]
Linguistics: = +4 (Int 3) 1 Ranks
Perception: = +9 (Wis 2) 1 Ranks +3 [Class Skill] Trait Bonus +1; Alertness Feat Bonus +2
Perform: = +0 (Cha 0)  
Ride: = +2 (Dex 2)  
Sense Motive: = +9 (Wis 2) 1 Ranks +3 [Class Skill] Trait Bonus +1; Alertness Feat Bonus +2
Spellcraft: = +7 (Int 3) 1 Ranks +3 [Class Skill]
Stealth: = +7 (Dex 2) 1 Ranks +3 [Class Skill] Trait Bonus +1
Survival: = +3 (Wis 2)  Trait Bonus +1
Swim: = +0 (Str 0)  

Feats:
1st Level: Extra Hex(Evil Eye)
Benefit: You gain one additional hex. You must meet all of the prerequisites for this hex.
Special: You can gain Extra Hex multiple times.

Human Bonus 1st Level: Additional Traits - Gain two additional traits. Standard restrictions still apply.

From Familiar: Alertness
You often notice things that others might miss.
Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on Perception and Sense Motive skill checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for

that skill.

Traits:
 - Social: Seeker - + 1 trait bonus on Perception and Perception becomes a class skill.
 - Combat: Slippery - Gain a +1 trait bonus on Stealth checks and Stealth is a class skill for you.
 - Regional: Survivor: +1 bonus to initiative and Sense Motive. Sense Motive becomes a class skill.
 - Magic: Greater Adept of the Society - You gain one additional 0 level cantrip spell slot.

Racial and Class Skills, Abilities & Features:
Race: Human

Alternate Favored Class bonus: Additional Spell gained. 1 level below max usable. (Not useful 'til 2nd level spells are available)

Class: Witch
Hex: Will Save: DC: 14 (10 + 1/2 level (1) + INT(3))
A witch's hex is either an extraordinary ability if labeled (Ex), a spell-like ability if labeled (Sp), or a supernatural ability if labeled (Su).
Unless otherwise noted, using a hex is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

- 1st Level: Slumber (Su): A witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to fall into a deep, magical sleep, as per the spell sleep. The creature receives a Will save to negate the effect. If the save fails, the creature falls asleep for a number of rounds equal to the witch's level. This hex can affect a creature of any HD. The creature will not wake due to noise or light, but others can rouse it with a standard action. This hex ends immediately if the creature takes damage. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.

- Extra Hex Feat: Evil Eye (Su): The witch can cause doubt to creep into the mind of a foe within 30 feet that she can see. The target takes a –2 penalty on one of the following (witch's choice): AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks. This hex lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the witch's Intelligence modifier. A Will save reduces this to just 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect. At 8th level the penalty increases to –4.

Patron: Time
Spells granted at level: 2nd—ventriloquism, 4th—silence, 6th—haste, 8th—threefold aspect,
       10th—teleport, 12th—disintegrate, 14th—expend, 16th—temporal stasis, 18th—time stop

Familiar: Greensting Scorpion - "Ghost"
AC: 19; HP: 4 (or half of mine rounded down);  Int: 6; Str 3, Dex 16, Con 10, Wis 10, Cha 2; Size: Tiny
Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (Uses mine if they are better)
Speed: 30'
Skills: Climb +7; Perception +8(+1 rank, +3 class skill, +4 racial); Stealth +19(+1 rank, +3 class skill, +3 Dex, +8 tiny, +4 racial);
Racial Modifiers: Climb, Perception, and Stealth +4
 - Darkvision 60'
 - Alertness Feat to me whenever it is within arm's reach
 - Improved Evasion (Ex): When subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, a familiar takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw and half damage even if the saving throw fails.
 - Share Spells: The witch may cast a spell with a target of "You" on her familiar (as a touch spell) instead of on herself. A witch may cast spells on her familiar even if the spells do not normally affect creatures of the familiar's type (magical beast).
 - Empathic Link (Su): The master has an empathic link with her familiar to a 1 mile distance. The master can communicate empathically with the familiar, but cannot see through its eyes. Because of the link's limited nature, only general emotions can be shared. The master has the same connection to an item or place that her familiar does.
 - Skills: For each skill in which either the master or the familiar has ranks, use either the normal skill ranks for an animal of that type or the master’s skill ranks, whichever is better. In either case, the familiar uses its own ability modifiers. Regardless of a familiar’s total skill modifiers, some skills may remain beyond the familiar’s ability to use. Familiars treat Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim as class skills.

Equipment & Gear (include weight of individual items and total weight):

Worn:
(1) Explorers outfit (N/A gp/8 lb.) *(weight not to be added to the total worn weight)
(1) Spear (2 gp/6 lb.)
(1) Dagger (2 gp/1 lb.)
(1) Club (- gp/3 lb.)

--(1) Backpack (2 gp/2 lb.)
----(1) Bedroll (1 sp/5 lb.)
----(1) Waterskin (1 gp/4 lb.)
----(1) Wineskin (10 gp/4 lb.)
----(4) Rations (2 gp/4 lb.)

--(1) Pouch, Belt (1 gp/.5 lb.)
----(2) Alchemist's Fire(flask) (20 gp/1 lb.)(x2)

--(1) Familiar Satchel (25 gp/6 lb.)

--(1) Spell Component Pouch (5 gp/2 lb.)

Total weight carried: 39.5 lb. (weapons:10/pack:19/pouches:10.5)

Carrying capacity:
Light load: ->33 lb.; Medium Load: ->66 lb.; Heavy load: ->100 lb.

Starting Gold: 180
Spent: 90 GP/1 SP

Remaining Money:  PP 8;  GP 9;   SP 9;

Movement: 30'

Spells Known/with familiar:
0: All
 - Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune on an object or creature (visible or invisible).
 - Bleed: Cause a stabilized creature to resume dying. (Range:Close, Will Save)
 - Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights. (Duration:1 minute/level)
 - Daze: A single humanoid creature with 4 HD or less loses its next action. (Range:Close, Will Save)
 - Detect Magic: Detects all spells and magic items within 60 ft. (Cone. Duration:Concentration/1 minute/level)
 - Detect Poison: Detects poison in a creature or object. (Range:Close, DC 20 Wisdom or Craft-Alchemy check to determine poison type)
 - Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. (Range:Touch, Duration:1 minute or until discharged)
 - Light: Object shines like a torch. (Duration:10 minutes/level)
 - Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object. (Range:10', 1 object up to 1 lb/level)
 - Message: Whisper conversation at distance. (Range:100' + 10'/level, Duration:10 minutes/level)
 - Putrefy Food and Drink: Makes food and water inedible. (Range:10', 1cu.ft./level)
 - Read Magic: Read magical writing, scrolls and spellbooks and such.
 - Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws. (Touch, Duration:1 minute)
 - Spark: Ignites unattended fine flammable objects. (Range:Close)
 - Stabilize: Cause a dying creature to stabilize. (Range:Close)
 - Touch of Fatigue: Touch attack fatigues target. (Duration:1 round/level, Fort Save)

1st: 6
 - Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage + 1/level (max +5). (Range:Touch)
 - Ear-Piercing Scream: Deal 1d6/2 levels sonic damage and daze target. (Range:Close, Fort Save for Daze and half damage)
 - Identify: Gives +10 bonus to identify magic items. (Range:60', Duration:3 rounds/level)
 - Ill Omen: Target rolls twice for checks and attacks and uses worst roll. (Range:Close, Duration:1 rnd/level until discharged, 1 roll + 1/5 levels)
 - Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus. (Range:Touch, Duration:1 Hour/level)
 - Mount: Summons riding horse for 2 hours/level. (Range:Close)
 - Obscuring Mist: 20' radius, 20' high fog surrounds you. 5' visibility within mist. (Duration:1 minute/level)

Spells Ready:
0: 4 (3 +1 for trait)
1st: 2

DC Modifier for Spells: 10 + Spell Level + Int(3)

Character History:
What is a good history to explain how I became a witch? I was abandoned in the woods? I was orphaned at a young age? Either of those would probably be accepted, but they aren't true. I had a good childhood and two loving parents. My father was a paladin and temple guard of Abadar. My mother was devoted and doting. They tried to raise me right.... And like most young children, I pretended to follow their direction, until I didn't!

I did try to learn the way of the guard, but their nonsense just didn't set well with my thinking. They have too many rules and processes and such. Besides, I don't like wearing armor or pounding on people with heavy weapons, or even carrying such around. My attitude, aptitude, and intellect led me to search out arcane training. Without a sponsor (read that as gold!) formal training as a wizard wasn't an option. I didn't have the innate ability that sorcerers have to use arcane power by force of will, and I think I've already explained my lack of desire to study under divine tutelage. Perhaps if I had checked with a less strict temple.... but that would also have been discouraged! (Note: I did learn of Cayden Cailean and could possibly have enjoyed that!)

Anyway, feeling thoroughly disgusted with the options that I saw for my life, I quit my training as a temple guard and started hanging out with other "rejects". My "salvation" came shortly after that when Ghost, my familiar, contacted me. Contacted may be a strong word since my familiar is what many folks would call an insect, or a dangerous bug, a scorpion. But that is how I remember it. I was meditating, bored and having nothing that I wanted to do. My attention was caught by movement as Ghost crawled onto my leg. I am aware that such creatures have a slightly dangerous and very painful sting, but I felt no concern. It was such a tiny creature that I could have crushed it with a slap. But then I felt a connection with it in my mind. There was no true communication. I couldn't sense thoughts or intelligence, but I did sense curiosity and basic emotions. He was hungry so I searched for something to feed it. Once that was done I settled back down and focused on it again, studying it. The connection was still there, and as I studied it, it appeared to study me. Time passed without my realizing, and suddenly I had an understanding of some arcane cantrips.

I kept my new abilities hidden, still pretending to simply be a misfit. I also kept Ghost hidden. That proved to be simple and annoyingly difficult. He was very good at hiding, but showed far more intelligence than a normal scorpion. I know now that familiar creatures aren't normal creatures. But at first I didn't know that. He displayed far more curiosity than a normal bug....

Through experience I found out that I was "communing" through Ghost with a higher power known to Witches as a Patron. Patrons and familiars are the source of witch's powers, giving the witch the ability to learn arcane spells and hexes. My spells are stored in my familiar kind of the way that a wizard uses a spellbook, and my familiar "teaches" me new hexes when I've gained enough power to learn something new. As I was learning everything about being a witch through Ghost, I learned a couple of different hexes. This communing and the spells that I learned did finally get me in trouble and force me to admit what I was doing.

Strangely enough, the spell that got me in trouble was cure light wounds. The clerics at the temple used the spell so I thought that nobody would be concerned if I did it too. I saw a wounded man waiting for help so I touched him and cast my spell. Well, although the effect was the same, since I didn't pray and call on Abadar I was immediately apprehended and my parents called. I resisted, using my slumber hex on the guards (successfully!) to escape, but quickly learned that the hex doesn't last long and there were always more guards that could grab me after the one holding me passed out.

Once my parents took custody of me another priest was called in stop me from lying and I had to explain everything. I was surprised that my mother seemed relieved, but my father was just as angry as I figured he would be. Once my path was known my mother sought out proper training. Witches were considered by many to be outcasts, but to those that understood them they were simply a different type of arcane caster. I still kept Ghost hidden as my mother was disturbed by such and my father would be disgusted and might simply kill it. The formal training gave me some other, non-arcane skills useful for an adventurer, and some contacts that led me to the life as an adventurer.

I also learned that my father wasn't angry or disgusted with me because of my becoming a witch. He really was only angry that I lied and hid it. Maybe someday I'll learn to understand him better and tolerate his strictness.... Nah!

Last Edited By: Kayris Apr 20 17 2:22 PM. Edited 9 times.